Back on the blogging scene

I am getting ready for the upcoming deer/duck/goose/turkey seasons, and I am pumped! It happens to me every year right around August. The hunting shows start showing more deer hunting instead of fishing and the commercials and sales start happening at the lcoal outdoors stores.

So far, I'll be going on the annual Thanksgiving goose hunt with my family and close friends using Butch's guide service. I won 2 duck hunts that the Duck's Unlimited banquet we had a few weeks back ( I am on the DU committee for the North Houston chapter). I also will travel to South Carolina to deer hunt with my uncle, and hopefully another trip to Llano with my father-in-law! So, lots of action this year!

Last year, my cousin Tom and I went to Aransas National Wildlife Refuge for their deer hunt. I shot a small unicorn buck (if you remember or can scroll down further to see). My uncle Jim may recognize the hat that I am wearing as its from Ashpole Hunting Club where he hunts in SC.



I am not sure if we are going to submit for that hunt this year or not as I am pretty booked as it is, and now my wife and I are expecting #2 !!! While at Aransas, we also saw a bunch of Rios (pictured).
Anyway, I am pumped and ready for the season!

Comments

Texan said…
welcome back!!!! Should be a good year. I don't know how much I will get to do but I will just have to be content on hearing your stories !!!
FrankFlannery said…
Also, it doesn't look it in the picture from Aransas, but Tom, you remember how cold it was??? Like 30 degrees in the morning with a 20mph wind!!! By the afternoon is was mid-40s, but still windy...

Popular posts from this blog

Public lottery hunt... planning phase.

I feel lucky...

ATV Plow put together and ready for the food plot planting season