Doe down with only one day to spare...

As the season on does in the county where I hunt ends, I took one this Saturday.  It was a nice big doe with a pair of 2 yr olds with it.  They came out at 8am with the sun RIGHT in my eyes... it was 30 degrees.  A beautiful morning.  When I brought my gun up, the sun right in my face made it look like I was in a fog!  Brutal.  Anyway, I shot at her, and the heat made a steam cloud that lasted for a few seconds so I had no idea which direction she went or if I even hit her!  I waited about 15 minutes before going after her.  Found her about 15 yds in the woods.  Thank God for my buddy Mark who hunts the lease as well, as we used his 4 wheeler to tote her back to camp to be cleaned/quartered.

Sorry for the quality of the photos, all done with my iPhone...



This photo was me just messing around with my iPhone from the blind a few days before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public lottery hunt... planning phase.

I feel lucky...

ATV Plow put together and ready for the food plot planting season