Eager for the upcoming deer season, and so the preparation continues!

In anticipation of the upcoming deer season, I have already started getting the itch.  I look forward to watching the animals as much as I enjoy the hunt.  My partner and I have been out on the lease several times in the past few weeks clearing trails and even setup a hog trap.  I even put a camera out on one of my feeders to see what the action was like out there given we are in a significant drought in Texas right now.  Last night, I went to the lease to check the hog trap, and pick up the pictures from my camera.  As I looked at the pictures, I noticed the ribs were visible on the doe in the pictures.

Big Wild Boar

Skinny whitetail doe during TX drought
 
I started thinking about how that would impact the antlers on the bucks, if there wasn't much water and not enough food for them to eat.  After that, I started thinking about "who cares" much like Othmar Vohringer in his post Whitetail Deer Passion: Antler Addiction.  I thought this was a great post, and made me think a bit more.  All things considered, I really just love being out there and enjoying my time in the outdoors.  I love hunting, and appreciate what it I gain by being out there and experiencing it.  It is really therapeutic (fresh air, no noise, etc.)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public lottery hunt... planning phase.

I feel lucky...

Shot a nice buck a few weeks back...