Lease update (almost lost it!) and some pics

Been a crazy  2 weeks.  I'll explain.

About a week and a half ago, my hunting partner, Mark, calls me to let me know our lease property had been sold, and it wasn't likely we would even get to hunt the upcoming season!  Apparently, the developer who was acquiring the property was going to get started immediately to begin land preparation for a subdivision.  Needless to say, given the timing and the news itself, I was floored.  Pissed. Distraught.  Frenzied.  Angry.  I need not continue.  In light of this news, I began to reach out to all the people I know that hunt that may have potential openings where they are, or know of spots. I got some replies, but the reality of being able to get something, see it in person, and actually get something going in time to actually hunt it this season were just not realistic.  It also made me realize how lucky I have been to have a spot less than 30 minutes from my house that I have had quick and easy access to! 

Alas, I received a call that informed me that the purchase had fallen through, and we were able to get the lease again this year.  This is excellent news!  All is now well in the world.  However, I also realize that the fragile nature of my lease requires me to continue my search for a longer term hunting partnership.  So much work goes into lease setup, season preparation, and game management, that to spend all that time/money with little say over the future is not easy to deal with.  If I am going to get out of lease, I'd prefer it to be on my terms, not in a hurried powerless manor.

So, now the work continues for the coming season, but this little adventure sure has put a lot of things into perspective relating to my hobby.

Some pictures from the last camera gathering shows good activity.  The crippled doe from last year has survived the season, and so has the hog.  Got a great picture of a nice fawn.






Injured doe picking a fight!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public lottery hunt... planning phase.

I feel lucky...

Turkey hunt around the corner!!!