Rocky Mountain Elk Hunt around the corner!

I am incredibly luck to have an elk hunt booked for the end of September.  I will be hunting with my father-in-law at Smith Rancho near Steamboat, Colorado!  I will write up a post about my experience after the hunt for sure.  We will be there for 4 days, and I have seen some pictures of some monster bulls from that area.

I recently got a new Sako 85 Classique chambered in .308 and a Leupold VX3 2.5-10x50 scope.  In preparation for this trip I have been putting together my list of supplies to carry in my pack:  waterproof matches, whistle, compass, knife, para cord, rangefinder, binoculars, flashlight, electrolytes, water, snack food, space blanket, small first aid kit, ammo, extra socks, and rain gear.  I am sure there is more, but that pack is starting to sound heavy!  Need to figure out what of that is required, and what is just adding weight.  Let me know if you have any thoughts on what needs to be in my pack.  Most of it is "in case of an emergency", and in the mountains preparation wins.

In the meantime, the excitement builds and I am ready to see some bulls and hear them bugle!

Elk we saw on our trip to Grand Canyon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public lottery hunt... planning phase.

I feel lucky...

Shot a nice buck a few weeks back...