Big buck is down!

After sitting in the stand and hunting hard since the season opened, I finally got a nice deer on the ground. He made me earn it for sure!


The Details:
I was in the stand by 5:45am, with sunrise at 7:15am.  It was a half moon, but overcast with slight fog so I had moderate visibility.  It was still dark around 6:40am.  As usual, my eyes are playing tricks on me with the fog and waiting for the sunrise, and I see something flicker behind the feeder (about 100yds away).  I grabbed my binoculars and there he was rubbing his antlers in the brush back behind the feeder.  I watched him for a minute or so, then grabbed my rifle when he started to walk towards me to the food plot.  He was starting to head to the left (where there is a game trail that heads back into the woods).  I put the cross hairs on him and landed a perfect hit behind the shoulder with him right at the edge of the food plot.  I was shocked and thrilled!  6:45am, 30 min to sunrise, and a deer on the ground.  I let him sit for a bit to make sure he was done, then walked over to have a look.  He has broken 2 antlers since my game camera last took photos!  So, there is some late rutting activity going on as suspected.
 
I then grabbed the SD card out of the game camera which has been watching the plot all week...  and there are deer EVERYWHERE on it on the plot!   There is even an action shot of this buck fighting a much younger buck!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public lottery hunt... planning phase.

I feel lucky...

Shot a nice buck a few weeks back...