Plot is set, blinds are set, now we wait!



The last week has really got the blood pumping with cooler morning temperatures.  The fever is in!

I need to take some pictures now that I have disc-ed and seeded the field, but here is the food plot right after it was mowed with a brush hog.  I put out Tecomate MAX Attract mixed with Monster Mix (recommended for my zone on the Tecomate website).  They also noted Chicory, but I didn't find it in stock at Gander Mountain.



Also attached a picture of my "penthouse" blind (4x6 Shadow Hunter) that is 6' tall on Shadow Hunter elevators.  The installation of elevators went quite smooth.  The instructions are easy to follow, and actually the biggest issue we had is related to my underpowered cordless drill.  I have a 14volt Ryobi, and really need an 18volt.  More power, more torque, longer battery life, etc... the Ryobi was actually fine brand new, but it definitely was wiped out.  If I had other jobs to do that day, I would have been out of luck.



In this picture, the blind install wasn't quite done yet either, but you get the idea.  It is sitting where the big tripod used to be.  I have since installed the rest of the cross members, ladder, and earth anchors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public lottery hunt... planning phase.

I feel lucky...