Goin' fishin for the holidays.

I, my wife, my baby, and her family are heading to their condo near Panama City Beach, FL for the week after Christmas. Its a gulf-front property, and truly beautiful! I will hopefully be busy catching some whiting, pompano, and the occasional red that lingers on past while fishing from the surf! I caught my first Florida Pompano this past summer, and I tell you what, those little boogers can fight! Beautiful looking fish, too! This time, I have the camera rigged up and ready. I also caught a fish called an Oyster Toad... the ugliest, meanest looking rock fish you ever saw. Had jaws and teeth that I wouldn't mess with. It was only about 14" long, but had the attitude of a great white!

When I get back, my public lands hunt at Lake Houston State Park is the following weekend/week (Jan 9-11). Now, the rules are as follows. They have blinds/areas pre-set that get determined the opening morning of the hunt by first come/first serve basis. Centerfile rifles only, and you are allowed to bait. We can each take 2 does/spikes as well as any feral hogs we see. Because I am quite certain they don't have "real" blinds, I am going with the scentlock approach. I don't think my cousin has ever shot a deer, and I want him badly to get a shot this year.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good luck fishing. We are just geting started with "hard water" fishing up here. i have not been out yet, I stay off the ice untill I know that it is thick enough to support my weight.
I tried a State Park hunt up here a few years back, didnt much care for it. There were hidden fees and they regulated the crap out of it. I checked on the regs early and so spent several days scouting the area I was going to be allowed to hunt. I did fill my tag. The poor guys who showed up on opening morning were surprised. out of 47 tags issued only 7 were filled, and two of them were discovered to be in violation of the special rules. hope your hunt is set up better.

Popular posts from this blog

Public lottery hunt... planning phase.

I feel lucky...

ATV Plow put together and ready for the food plot planting season