Hunters for the hungry

I found out about this interesting charity through the Houston Chronicle, called Hunters for the Hungry. Now the great thing about this charity is that they take pretty much all the types of game you want to harvest, and they process and donate the meat to local charities.

I have had a VERY successful year in the outdoors thus far. I shot an 11-pt buck, a doe, and 2 hogs, as well as being part of an 18 goose slaughter! That, combined with my father-in-law's buck and doe, now that is a lot of meat for one small freezer! Now, I do have a freezer in the garage, but it is pretty stocked as it is. So, this charity allows many outdoorsmen like myself to go out and enjoy the outdoors, enjoy hunting, harvest game, and not worry about wasting the harvested meat.

Consider this worthwhile charity before you let meat in your freezer get freezer burn because you took more than you can eat. My wife and I love deer, goose, fish, etc, but we don't have the time to cook it most of the time. From now on, you can bet I'll be donating the majority of my game.

Sounds like a commercial, I know...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public lottery hunt... planning phase.

I feel lucky...

ATV Plow put together and ready for the food plot planting season